I'm officially that guy that shows off pictures of his kid to anyone that is willing to look. Oh, and the baby still isn't out of the womb. I think I'm going to be one of those dads that is over-proud of his kid. Not that that is a bad thing.
The ultrasound went really, really well. The baby was ready to show things off for us, so much so that he was "grabbing" at his crotch repeatedly, causing the sonographer to laugh and exclaim: "Oh my gosh! He's grabbing it. He's grabbing it. He really wants you to see it!"
Yep, that's my son.
The funny part about the ultrasound was we already knew the baby was a boy. We had gone to McAllen a couple of weeks ago and visited a 3d/4d baby place that one of Jessica's high school friends owns. She let us know it was a boy, so yesterday we tried to act surprised when they said it was a boy. According to Jessica, I didn't sell it very well. When the sonographer asked what we thought it was I said girl repeatedly, but it was kind of obvious I was wrong with a picture of his penis showing on the screen. Oh well, it's not like I'll ever be seeing that lady again anyway.
Now that it's official that it's a boy we have to update baby registries and pick out a name and all that. There is too much stuff out there for babies. They grow out of everything too quickly and everything you buy them is expensive. If I had my way, we would wrap this kid in a sheet until he stopped growing. No, not really, but come on 42 dollars for a sweater he might wear one time. Unbelieveable! I guess its just the beginning.
When I say pick out a name, I mean settle on a spelling. We have decided on the name Collin Brodie. I like Colin spelled this way, but Jessica is afraid people will say the name like Colin Powell. I've never known a Colin with two Ls in his name, but I guess one will be here at the end of February. Jessica has gone so far as to say if it has to be Colin with one L, we will just have to go with a different name, and I don't want to do that because I picked out the name. Her mom came up with Brodie for the middle name which reminds me of Mallrats - one of my all-time favorite movies. I'm kind of excited that I can say: "Brodie Man, snoochie boochies." The problem is I can't remember if we are spelling Brodie like this or this: Brody.
We were going to go with Collin Mason, but Mason is one of Stephanie's (Jessica's sister) names for a baby if and when she ever has one and we didn't want to "steal" it.
Last but not least, Texas beat OU this weekend to move into the No. 1 spot in both the AP and Coaches' Polls. This leads me to want the child to be named something like Quan Orakpo Daniel, but I don't think Jessica will go for it. Not even sure she liked the thought of Colt Shipley Daniel, so I guess we will settle for Collin Brodie.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment